Keeping Blood Sugar Balanced on Halloween
Benefits of washing down your candy with a glass of milk
There is no way around it, if you like candy you will probably eat too much of it tomorrow. If you have kids, then they will certainly be getting a bit of a sugar buzz too. This could result in irritable parents and kids that won’t go to sleep (sounds like a fun holiday, right?), but it doesn’t have to be this way!
The good news is, there are things that you can do to counteract that spike in sugar for both you and your kids. Here is a list of our top 5 favorite ways to balance blood sugar:
- Get a good night sleep tonight – you are likely to be out late tomorrow and getting adequate sleep can help balance blood sugar.
- Get some exercise – find the best trick-or-treat spots and really go for it! Exercise will help you work off those extra calories and the extra sugar intake.
- Increase fiber – eating soluble fiber can help control blood sugar spikes. Foods like oatmeal, nuts, and vegetables are good sources of dietary fiber.
- Eat breakfast – start the day off right with some spooky scrambled eggs or overnight oats with Rockview milk and some pumpkin puree.
- Last but not least, wash that candy down with a glass of Rockivew Family Farms milk! Milk is a good source of protein and fat which helps stabilize blood sugar after something sweet.
In summary, go buy some Rockview Family Farms milk at your favorite retailer to have on hand for Halloween. From breakfast to dessert, incorporating farm fresh milk as a source of protein and essential nutrients will help keep your family on track. Have fun and stay safe trick-or-treaters!